Friday 16 September 2011

France Sep 2011, Day two

Day two, 29th Aug

Cunard's latest luxury cruise ship, Queen Elizabeth was in Zeebrugge, a very impressive ship, but I think some of the other company's have better looking modern vessels.

MS Queen Elizabeth (2010)

Off the ferry we had a long drive to the Loire valley, about 370 miles the plan was to avoid Paris and as many toll roads as possible. So the route we took was, straight out of the port on the N31 to the A10, back towards the coast and the A18. The A18 name changes to the A16 as it enters France, it is a long drive along the A16 to Abbeville, where we took the slip road onto the A28. At Rouen (which I also intend to avoid in future) the road name changes a couple of times before ending up on the D18E, to the A18 and then the A154. About this time Ralph texted to say he was there but couldn't get into the mobile home until 16:00. The last third of the journey was by local roads and took quite a long time. We continued on the A154 until the name changed to the D6154 to the N12, then round Dreux on the D282 to the N154. It was off the N154 onto the D910 at Chartres, the D910 changes to the N10 to Châteaudun. Then round Châteaudun bypass to the D924 to Blois and then along the river to Onzain where there are sing posts to the site. The tolls came to €9.50.

Ralph and the girls met us at reception and led us to the accommodation, lots of unpacking ensued, did I mention I had a severe pain in my side. I think I must have pulled a muscle when I was packing the car but do not remember any pain at the time though.

While Dot and the girls finished in the van, Ralph and I want to the supermarket to get something for a BBQ and some beers. Back at the chalet I cooked the food and Ralph got the satellite dish set up and working, he did have to put it on another pitch but it worked.

Me in France

No comments:

Post a Comment