Saturday 17 September 2011

France Sep 2011, Day three

Day three, 30th Aug

My pain was worse and I was starting to worry that it wasn't just a pulled muscle and that it was a rupture or something more serious. I was taking a lot of pain killers.

Anyway we had lunch and set off for Château de Chenonceau, we had seen all the fantastic photos and been meaning to visit for years. On the way we stopped for a couple of shots of Château de Chaumont, last time we were here, is got dark every time we tried to take a photo.

Château de Chaumont  The Girls, France 2011

The satnav took us along some of the most narrow roads I have ever been down but we got there and when we did, we planned a better route back.

It was a very warm day and the entrance fee was well worth it but it is always disappointing to find scaffolding on the sight you have come a long way to see. It wasn't too bad and they had made the effort of screening the scaffolding with a picture representation of what was behind. Its time like this when I wish I had a better camera to take proper photos rather that just holiday snaps but then again, I can not be bothered to carry a large camera about with me and prefer something that fits in my pocket (albeit a big pocket).

Château de Chenonceau  Château de Chenonceau

Château de Chenonceau

We walked alongside the river to get a longer view of the Château before heading back through the gardens.  We then explored the inside of the Château, it is very good and as I said before, well worth a visit.  It is a lot like other similar attractions with period rooms etc. Amber really enjoyed it and for some reason kept asking if Jesus lived there, I think she had seen a painting in one of the rooms.

Fountain  Amber

Château de Chenonceau  Château de Chenonceau

The drive back was a lot better than the one going and we stopped off at a supermarket to stock up for the next coupe of days.

Back at the site the girls went to the pool and Ralph and I went to the bar (just for one), then later we had another BBQ, we haven't had the chance to have that many back at home this summer.  So it was nice to cook and eat outside for a change,

Supper

Later the girls went over to see the entertainment crew's version of Aladdin, I popped over later to see how it was going.  Amber thought it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment