Friday 21 September 2012

France 2012, Day three, Normandy

Day three, Sep 3rd 2012

Just before lunch we set off for Bayeux, Dot and I have visited lots of times but it is a beautiful place and we like it there. We parked in the small quiet car park we found last year, (last year) just a short walk from the centre (most places are just a short walk from the centre anyway).

It started to rain on the walk in, we had waterproofs with us but took shelter as soon as we could. The cathedral was the first place we came to, so we had a good look around the inside while the rain blew over.

Out of the rain

The sun was shining by the time we hit the shops, although there were not that many open, we had a good walk around the sights anyway.  After walking the shops we got sandwiches for lunch and had them by the river and waterwheel next to the tourist information (which was also closed). By the time we were finished lunch, all the shops were fully open again and we had another look round. I got a couple of beers from the Irish shop I got beer from last year (last year), only I got Irish beers this time?

I have taken so many photos in Bayeux it was hard to fine something new to capture but I did come across a red phone box near the car park, with the cathedral in the background.

DSCF6408

After the walk in Bayeux we drove to the Lidl at Torigni-sur-Vire.  It was here I made my first driving error of the holiday.  Proud that I had successfully negotiated a complicated road junction, I pulled across the path of an oncoming car, scaring the others into shouting warnings, must have been only me the didn't think I had to give way.

After stocking up with food and beer, for the evening we had a beer in the bar next to the lake and fountain, before the drive back.



Then back at the van it was time for some sunbathing and a rest before we moved on to the next site in the morning.

DSCF6440

Day Two or Day Four

No comments:

Post a Comment