Saturday 28 May 2011

France Sep 2010, Day Seven

Day Seven 10th Sep

Dave was up early and down to the campsite shop for bread and croissants and had been to the lake to talk to the fishermen, in fact all the others were up before me.

As soon as everyone was ready we got on the car and headed for Merlin's Castle, Château de Pierrefonds. Dot and I had been in 2008 and were looking forward to visiting again. As I suspected it was busier than our last visit but not as bad as I feared with two series of Merlin having been on the BBC, my photos of the Château are my most viewed of all.  Parking was harder than last time but we got a spot close to the market place and set off up the hill to the entrance.

A change from last time is, that it is no longer free to get in, it is now €7.00 each but restrictions on photographing the camera crew and sets is no longer in force.   The filming also means that entry to some parts of the Château are restricted.


As soon as we walked in through the main entrance to the castle, the camera crews were already filming in the central courtyard, there were crew and extras everywhere. We sat and a wall and waited for something to happen but it is all very slow, so we continued with out tour of the rest of the castle.


In the great hall Dave wanted to cross the red tape and have his photo took sat on the throne, but he was dissuaded from doing so. Although he did jump out into a passage way in front of us, dressed in a medieval cloak (it was actually a flag he found in a box in a side room), it seemed to make him very happy.


After doing the full tour we again sat and watched some filming until we got board and hungry. So as we had, had some reasonable food last time we were in Pierrefonds we went to the same place. It was still nice there, sat in the sun but my burger wasn't cooked. Dot's wasn't much better but Dave and Claire's meal looked good.


By now it was hot, so we headed back and went to the campsite pool to cool off and sunbathe. We had food back at the the van and a nice night in with a film.

Then at about 1am when everyone else on the campsite was asleep the neighbours started again and this time they were that loud they woke me as well, it was the third night in a row, we had had enough.

We were all up but the others persuaded me not to go next door to complain but at 2am I walked to Siblu reception to complain and they said they would contact security. Someone did arrive and we heard them ask the people next door to stop the noise but as soon as they left the noise restarted.

I waked back to Siblu reception with Dave but we were told there was nothing further they could do that night. I then confronted these people myself (as they had shouted to me to party or something like that as I passed their van on the way back), they apologised said they didn't know they were being a nuisance and promised to be quiet but the didn't. The noise eventually stopped at about 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment